Skip to content
FLYING OVER THE NORTH PACIFIC: “Dr. Getter and his students have technical expertise and equipment that will significantly benefit my efforts…I expect to take advantage of the Coastal Drone Academy assets through aircraft availability, equipment scoping and repair, and FAA 107 licensed pilots to assist with data collection.” Oregon State University’s GEMM lab.
MAPPING THE FORESTS OF THE NORTHWEST: “The Hebo Ranger District is pleased to partner with the Career Tech Charter High School’s STEM extension program to provide access to Hebo Ranger District professionals and areas for data collection in the Salmon River Estuary. The use of UAS to map the existing channels and scour areas in tidal zones around the Salmon River Estuary will be extremely useful to the Hebo Ranger District.” US Forest Service.
RENEW AND ATTAIN COMMERCIAL PILOT’S LICENSE: “The Airport Committee commends you on your achievements in helping students gain the skills and knowledge they need to be successful after graduation. The Airport Committee and the Newport Municipal Airport support your efforts to create a drone school and 107 drone testing center.” Newport Municipal Airport.
MAPPING TRIBAL LANDS OF THE NORTHWEST: “We greatly look forward to this partnership moving forward in a collaborative environment that fosters learning, STEM/STEAM educational opportunities for the youth in our area, while providing highly advanced technological resources to help better manage our projects and the lands the Tribe and everyone in our area benefit from.” Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians.
MAPPING COASTS OF THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST: “For ODFW, this provides a great opportunity for us to work with you and your students to explore the application and utility of fixed-wing UAS relative to the quad-copters we currently use and provide your students with a real-world application of UAS technology for management of natural resources.” Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.
WE HAVE NUMEROUS NATIONAL CERTIFICATIONS: “The CTE Program as it is being developed in the Coastal Drone Academy program of study at Career Tech High School is probably the model for what we envisioned when we developed the Oregon Department of Education Career and Technical Education Revitalization program, good work!” Oregon Department of Education.
WE HELP STUDENTS ATTAIN MILITARY OPPORTUNITIES: “The Guard supports the training and skills that are being taught at the Coastal Drone Academy and you are always welcome to use our gym to practice flying and our conference center for ground school exercises.” Oregon National Guard.
OUR NATIONAL CURRICULUM: “Coastal Drone Academy is a model example of how high schools across America can implement successful career and technical education programs with successful student outcomes, and USI is honored to be a part of their story.” Unmanned Safety Institute.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Camp Westwind
- City of Lincoln City
- Consolidated Tribe of Siletz Indians
- Lincoln County School District
- Mid Coast Watershed Council
- Mid Willamette Educational Consortium
- National Marine Educators Association
- Newport Municipal Airport
- Oregon Coast Community College Aquatic Sciences Center
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Oregon National Guard
- Oregon Department of Education
- Oregon State University Estuary Technical Group, Institute for Applied Ecology, College of Earth and Atmospheric Science
- Oregon State University Coastal STEM Hub
- Oregon State University GEMM Lab
- Oregon State University Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
- Oregon State University Sea Grant
- Oregon Youth Corps
- Port of Newport
- Salmon River Drift Creek Watershed Council
- University of New Hampshire Sea Grant
- US Department of Forestry
- Victoria University of Wellington (New Zealand)